The Lockmaster Cottages overlook the Ohio River and are available for rental year round. The cottages are full size houses, are ADA accessible and sleep eight. Each cottage has a living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom that are located downstairs and three bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. There is a full size murphy bed in the living room and upstairs there is a room with a queen bed, a room with a full size bed and a room with two twin beds. The kitchen is fully equipped with a stove, oven and refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, dishes, flatware, pots, pans, and cooking utensils.
Rental Rate per Cottage:
One Night: $250.00 + 7% Sales Tax + 5% Innkeepers Tax = $280.00 per day
Two Night Special: $205.00 per night + 7% Sales Tax = 5% Innkeepers Tax = $459.20
Weekly: $1,076.25 + 7% Sales Tax + 5% Innkeepers Tax = $1,205.39 per 7 days week
One night rental rate is due to reserve and hold rental dates.
$100.00 damage deposit per cottage
Dogs allowed in the West Lockmaster Cottage
Additional $25.00 per day with additional $100.00 damage deposit
Check In: 3:00PM
Check Out: 11:00AM
History of the Cottages
Operation of Lock & Dam # 47 in Newburgh by the Army Corps of Engineers began in 1928. The two Lockmaster Cottages were built in 1928 on the bluff overlooking the Lock & Dam to house the Lockmaster and the Assistant Lockmaster. Lock & Dam # 47 operated until the Newburgh Locks and Dam were completed in 1975. In 1977, the Town initiated a two year lease agreement with the Department of the Army for the operation and public recreational use of the structures and the 8.42 acres they occupy. In 1979, the Town utilized a Department of the Interior Heritage Conservation and Recreation Service program that allowed the transfer of Federal surplus real property to the Town for park and recreational purposes. Since 1979 the Town has used the cottages as Town facilities but in 2009 they were renovated for public rental use.