top of page

Town Rentals

Lock and Dam Building No. 47

The Lock and Dam Control Building No. 47 was the powerhouse for the old wicket type lock system that use to be used by the Army Corps of Engineers.  Construction of the building began in 1921 and fully operational by 1928.  In the 1950's the Army Corps of Engineers undertook the project of replacing wicket type dams and in 1975 Newburgh's new lock and dam was fully up and running.  The Town of Newburgh took ownership of the property in 1979.  The building has been used for municipal offices along with non-profit offices but today is used as a rentable event space for the public.

The Lock and Dam Building has an event space that is approximately 850 square feet and can host an event for around 50 people.  The rental comes with twelve (12) 6' long tables, fifty (50) metal folding chairs and a fully equipped kitchen (stove, oven, refrigerator with freezer, sink and microwave).  The building has two ADA accessible restrooms and WIFI.

$250.00 + 7 % sales tax ($267.50) per day 
$100.00 refundable damage deposit   


Certificate of Liability insurance policy is required for all Lock and Dam Rentals

Town of Newburgh must be listed as Additional Insured

Access to the building is at 10:30AM on day of rental.  If access is needed before 10:30AM, you will need to rent the facility the day before.

Must be out of the building by 3:00AM next day

Lock and Dam Building No. 47 Rental Information and Application

Lock and Dam Building No. 47 Checklist

Lock  and Dam Building No. 47 Floor Plan

L&D No 47.jpg
L&D Wedding.jpg
Lock and Dam Kitchen.jpg
Lock and Dam Microwave.jpg
Lock and Dam Fridge.jpg
bottom of page